We create pressure vessels for use in both stationary and mobile applications, covering:
- Hydrogen storage infrastructure
- Hydrogen transportation for re-fueling
- Hydrogen powered rail vehicles
- Hydrogen powered buses, trucks and other vehicles
- Hydrogen powered cars.
Our composite (CFRP) pressure vessels are Type 4 and offer significant advantages over other pressure vessels.
- The carbon fibre-reinforced structure creates a superior strength/stiffness to weight ratio, resulting in a potential 450kg weight reduction of gas containment systems in buses and trucks
- This leads to significantly improved fuel economy, underlining the economic argument for hydrogen fueling
- It also expands the range of vehicles and situations in which these vessels can be used.
- Other advantages of using CFRP pressure vessels are that they are durable and offer chemical resistance, X-ray translucency and no thermal expansion.
How NPROXX manufactures high strength pressure vessels
We create high strength, lightweight pressure vessels using filament wet winding, with braiding and resin transfer moulding used for more complex geometries. Our CFRP Type 4 pressure vessels can be used for up to 30 years without needing to be replaced, which is twice the expected life span of Type 1 and Type 2 vessels.
- Our Type 4 pressure vessels have a nominal working pressure of 350 bar, 500 bar and 700 bar
- The 500 bar pressure vessels offer a usable H2 capacity of 6.2kg
- The 350 bar and 700 bar devices can be supplied in various dimensions.
Type 3 pressure vessels
We also offer Type 3 pressure vessels which consist of a metal liner and full composite overwrap.
Contact us to find out how we can help with your hydrogen storage application.Contact Us